Whether you have been wanting to explore raw dog food, are looking for a new treat for your pup, or perhaps you have a few extra bananas hanging around, this recipe is a quick and easy way to fulfill all three.
Disclaimer: Always check with your veterinarian before feeding your pup new treats, particularly if your pup has any allergies or sensitivities to any type of food or ingredient!
- 1 medium to large sized banana
- 1 tablespoon of plain, low or non-fat yogurt* (approximately)
*When choosing a yogurt, be cautious of yogurts containing artificial sweeteners, particularly Xylitol, which is toxic for dogs. You should select plain, low or non-fat yogurt. Plain, low or non-fat yogurt provides probiotic benefits and serves as an excellent source of calcium for canine companions.
- Chop banana into thick round slices
- Use straw to make small holes through each round banana slice so that each piece resembles a donut
- Using a spoon or knife, fill in individual banana slices with yogurt and place on plate or tray
- Once completed, place plate or tray in freezer to chill for approximately 30 minutes to an hour before serving to your pup
Recipe sourced from Tasty Tuesday: Banana (Yogurt) Frosty Holes
Do you feed your dog a raw food diet? Why or why not?