These Peanut Butter Oat Biscuits are made with basic ingredients and ready for your pup to munch on in less than an hour. You can also cater this recipe to fit your dog’s dietary needs. As with any treat, just be cautious of portion size.
Disclaimer: Always check with your veterinarian before feeding your pup new treats, particularly if your pup has any allergies or sensitivities to any type of food or ingredient!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour*
- 1 cup oats
- 1/3 cup peanut butter*
- 1 ¼ cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (approximately)
*Exchange wheat flour for gluten-free flour if your pup has a sensitivity to gluten or gluten allergy.
*Beware of peanut butter brands that contain the ingredient xylitol, which is extremely dangerous to dogs.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease cookie sheet with coconut oil and set aside.
- Combine flour and oats in a large bowl.
- Add peanut butter and hot water to dry ingredients.
- Stir ingredients and knead into dough (add more water or flour as needed).
- Roll dough into small balls and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Place in oven for approximately 30 minutes.*
- Let biscuits cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.
*Time may vary depending on altitude.
Store biscuits in airtight container. Remaining dough can be kept in refrigerator but should be baked within 24 hours for best results.
Recipe sourced from Three-Ingredient Dog Biscuits
Did you know? Moderate amounts of coconut oil can provide several benefits for dogs including improved digestion, healthier skin, and can elevate the metabolism, amongst others.