Even those who are notoriously known for disliking baking should not shy away from this four ingredient, one bowl recipe. To celebrate National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day, we decided to sniff out a no-bake peanut butter dog treat recipe and let our pups indulge in some delicious, well-deserved peanut butter. These peanut butter dog treats are quick and easy, and don’t be surprised if you find yourself tempted to try one.
Disclaimer: Always check with your veterinarian before feeding your pup new treats, particularly if your pup has any allergies or sensitivities to any type of food or ingredient!
- 1 ¼ cup oats
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup water
- Combine peanut butter, cinnamon, and water into a large bowl.
- Stir ingredients with spoon or mixer, and add more water or peanut butter if necessary.
- While stirring, gradually add oats into mixture.
- Once all oats have been added into mixture and are thoroughly combined, roll mixture into small balls and set aside on tray or plate.
- Allow peanut butter treats to chill in refrigerator for approximately 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
*If you plan to serve the peanut butter treats to your pup at a later time, you can store them in the freezer or continue to store them in the refrigerator.
Did you know? While cinnamon is non-toxic for dogs and cats, nutmeg can be dangerous if ingested in large quantities.
Recipe sourced from VacMaster