Pedernales Falls State Park
Hours: 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM
2585 Park Rd 6026, Johnson City, TX 78636
Pedernales Falls State Park is just 30 miles west of Austin and houses a gradual, cascading fall of about 300 feet on the river. The park is also known for its camping, mountain bike, picnic, geocache, swim, tube and fishing areas.
- Contains 8 miles of Pedernales River as it meanders through the limestone hill country
- 5.212-acre park known for spectacular hiking trails as well as swimming holes
- Dogs may not be left unattended, remain on a 6 ft. + leash. and must have current rabies and shot records
- Be mindful that smaller dogs may have a tougher time on rougher terrains
- Entrance fee for 13+ is $6 daily and children 12 years and under are free
*The water in the river can rise from a placid stream to a raging torrent in a few minutes. If you are in the river area and notice the water rising or getting muddy, leave the river area immediately. Flash flooding is common in the Texas Hill Country.
Photo credits: pedernalesfallsstatepark
Happy Dogs, Happy Places