Lake Houston Wilderness Park
Hours: Open Daily
25840 FM 1485, New Caney, TX 77357, United States
Lake Houston Wilderness Park is the only park owned by the Houston Parks and Recreation Department that has overnight camping and lodging.
- 4,786.6 acres of wooded parkland
- Approximately 30 minutes north of downtown Houston
- Wildlife in the park includes several species of snakes.
- $3 entry fee is required for all visitors ages 13 – 64
- Dogs are not allowed in park buildings
- Dogs must remain on a leash at all times
- Parking is plentiful